System Center Configuration Manager management points stop responding to client requests. When you use a web browser to connect to the management point list address (http://<ServerName>/sms_mp/.sms_aut?mplist), you receive the following error message:
HTTP Error 500.19 – Internal Server Error
This error is also logged in the IIS log on the management point computer during client requests.
This issue occurs if the WSUS server role was previously installed on the management point computer. When the WSUS server role was installed, it installed the XPress compression schema module (suscomp.dll) that loaded in every application pool in IIS. If the 32-bit version of suscomp.dll is loaded in an application pool that runs in 64-bit mode, you experience this issue.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Locate %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config.
- Open the applicationHost.config file in Notepad.
- Look for an entry that resembles the following:
<scheme name="xpress" doStaticCompression="false" doDynamicCompression="true" dll="C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\suscomp.dll" staticCompressionLevel="10" dynamicCompressionLevel="0" />
- Remove the XPress compression schema by running the following command from an elevated command prompt:
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']
- Verify that the compression schema is removed from the applicationHost.config file, and then save the file.
- Run the following command from an elevated command prompt: