Use the included USB cable to charge your Surface Headphones. Surface Headphones can fully charge in less than 2 hours. After that, your battery can last up to 18 hours when playing music over Bluetooth with noise cancellation on and "Hey Cortana" turned off.
Charge your headphones
- Plug the USB cable into your Windows 10 PC or into a power outlet (if you're using a USB power adapter, which isn't included).
- Plug the other end into the USB-C port (#6 in the diagram below) on your Surface Headphones.
When you turn on your Surface Headphones, you'll hear how much battery you have left. You can also check the battery level anytime on your PC or phone.
- On an iOS or Android device: Open the Cortana app, then select Devices. Go to the Devices menu, and choose Surface Headphones. The battery level will appear there.
- On a Windows 10 PC: Open Cortana, select Devices , then choose Surface Headphones. The battery level will appear there.
Cortana isn't available on Surface Headphones in all countries and regions. If Cortana isn't available in your area, check the battery level in the Surface Headphones app on your Windows 10 PC. For more info about how to set up your headphones with the Surface Headphones app, see Set up your Surface Headphones.
Get the most out of your battery or make it last a little longer when it's running low:
- Turn off "Hey Cortana". If you're not using Cortana, you can turn off "Hey Cortana" in the Cortana app (United States only) or Surface Headphones app (outside the United States). For more info, see Manage Surface Headphones settings.
- Use the included 3.5 mm audio cable instead of Bluetooth. Plug the 3.5 mm audio cable into your headphones and PC or phone. You can use your headphones even when the battery isn't charged.
- Turn off your headphones when you're not using them. Press and release the power button quickly to turn them off. You'll hear Cortana say goodbye when they're turning off.