Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
This January 2019 update for Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 includes cumulative reliability improvements in .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2. We recommend that you apply this update as part of your regular maintenance routines. Before you install this update, see the Prerequisites and Restart requirement sections.
- All updates for Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 require that update KB 2919355 is installed. We recommend that you install update KB 2919355 on your Windows 8.1-based, Windows RT 8.1-based, or Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer so that you receive updates in the future.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Quality and reliability improvements
|SQL1||Addresses an issue that caused breaks in mitigated compatibility that were seen in some System.Data.SqlClient usage scenarios.|
|WCF2||Addresses an issue that caused a race condition with Internet Information Services (IIS) hosted net.tcp WCF services. When the port sharing service was restarted, the issue caused the service to be unavailable.|
|WPF3||Addresses an issue that caused a crash when the ElementNotAvailableException exception was triggered. This issue occurred when you scrolled and expanded/collapsed nodes in Tree View that uses the VirtualizationMode=Recycling method and changed its Enabled property while expanding/collapsing nodes.|
|WinForms4||Addresses an issue in which an application may have problems after the application UI is rendered.|
1 SQL Server (SQL)
2 Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
3 Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
4 Windows Forms (WinForms)
Additional information about this update
For more information about this update as it relates to Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4481490 January 2019 Preview of the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows 8.1, RT 8.1, and Server 2012 R2 (KB 4481490)
How to get this update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
On your WSUS server, follow these steps:
- Select Start, select Administrative Tools, and then select Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0.
- Expand ComputerName, and then select Action.
- Select Import Updates.
- WSUS opens a browser window in which you may be prompted to install an ActiveX control. Install the ActiveX control to continue.
- After the ActiveX control is installed, you see the Microsoft Update Catalog screen. Type 4481490 in the Search box, and then select Search.
- Locate the .NET Framework packages that match the operating systems, languages, and processors in your environment. Select Add to add them to your basket.
- After you select all the packages that you need, select View Basket.
- To import the packages to your WSUS server, select Import.
- After the packages are imported, select Close to return to WSUS.
The updates are now available for installation through WSUS.
To apply this update, you must have .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, or 4.7.2 installed.
You must restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you exit all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update replaces previously released update KB 4467226.
The English (United States) version of this update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.