Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
This security update resolves a vulnerability in Microsoft .NET Framework that may cause an information disclosure that allows bypassing Cross-origin Resource Sharing (CORS) configurations.
An attacker who successfully exploits this vulnerability could retrieve from a web application content that is usually restricted.
This security update addresses the vulnerability by enforcing CORS configuration to prevent it from being bypassed.To learn more about this vulnerability, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2019-0545.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this security update
- 4480083 Description of the Security Only update for .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4480083)
- 4480075 Description of the Security Only update for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4480075)
- 4480070 Description of the Security Only update for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4480070)