Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
This security update resolves a vulnerability in Microsoft .NET Framework that may cause an information disclosure that allows bypassing Cross-origin Resource Sharing (CORS) configurations.
An attacker who successfully exploits this vulnerability could retrieve from a web application content that is usually restricted.
This security update addresses the vulnerability by enforcing CORS configuration to prevent it from being bypassed.To learn more about this vulnerability, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2019-0545.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2) require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll update, see KB 4019478.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this security update
- 4480084 Description of the Security Only update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB 4480084)
- 4480076 Description of the Security Only update for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows 7 SP1, Server 2008 R2 SP1, and Server 2008 SP2 (KB 4480076)
- 4480072 Description of the Security Only update for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 and for .NET Framework 4.6 for Server 2008 SP2 (KB 4480072)