This security update resolves a remote code execution vulnerability that exists in Microsoft Word software if the program does not correctly handle objects in memory. To learn more about the vulnerability, see the following security advisories:
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-0892
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-0850
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-0852
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
This security update contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- Removes the Link command from the New menu in custom lists if content types are enabled.
- Fixes an issue that prevents users from switching content type when they create items in a list.
- Users navigate to a document library and open a Links list in Job Access With Speech (JAWS) by using a keyboard shortcut (Alt+F7) to see all links on the page. In this situation, every document in the library will have the Open Menu link to open the Edit Control Block (ECB) menu. Therefore, it is not possible to know which document belongs to which link. This update fixes this issue.
Note To fix these issues, you have to install update 4484271 together with this update.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: March 10, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released update 4484259.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|