This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see the following security advisories:
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1198
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1227
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1440
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1452
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1453
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1460
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1576
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1595
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Service Pack 1 for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 installed on the computer.
Known issues in this update
- Issue 1
After you install this update, some SharePoint pages may not render, and may generate the following error message:
Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.
To resolve this issue, see KB 4572409.
- Issue 2
This update has dependency on KB 4484525. Search pages will be broken if you only install this update. To avoid this issue, install KB 4484525 together with this update.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: September 8, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4484479.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|