This article lists the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012.
- As a reminder to advanced IT administrators, updates to .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 should only be applied on systems where .NET Framework 3.5 is present and enabled. Customers who attempt to pre-install updates to .NET Framework 3.5 to offline images that do not contain the .NET Framework 3.5 product enabled will expose these systems to failures to enable .NET Framework 3.5 after the systems are online. For more extensive information about deploying .NET Framework 3.5, see Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Deployment Considerations.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this update
The following articles contain additional information about this update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information.
- 4483456 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4483456)
- 4483454 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4483454)
- 4486544 Description of Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4486544)