In some situations, the meeting conversation window in Skype for Business 2016 disappears. These situations include the following:
- Skype for Business 2016 Click-to-Run (C2R) is deployed and running the Monthly Channel update from January 3, 2019 (16.0.11126.20188), or a later version.
- A Skype for Business conference has seven or more participants who are connected to the audio output, and the Gallery View is displayed.
- When you hover over the small user icon on the second row and move the mouse away from the conversation window, the window disappears.
- Audio remains connected.
- The conversation window cannot be restored or located either by using Alt+Tab or by hovering over the Skype for Business icon in the taskbar.
Note This may not be the only scenario in which this issue occurs.
To work around this issue and restore the conversation window, follow these steps:
- Drag another application over the entire screen area that the Skype for Business conversation window occupied.
Note We recommend that you expand the application window to full screen.
- Double-click the name in the call control window that opens.
Note This workaround may not work for the user who is sharing their screen. If this occurs, that user should exit and then restart Skype for Business 2016.
This issue has been resolved in Office. If you are experiencing this issue, restart all open Office applications, or restart the computer.