Improvements and issues that are fixed
- After creating a server endpoint, High CPU usage may occur when background recall is downloading files to the server.
- Sync and cloud tiering operations may fail with error ECS_E_SERVER_CREDENTIAL_NEEDED due to token expiration.
- Recalling a file may fail if the URL to download the file contains reserved characters.
More information about this update rollup
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 126.96.36.199 or later installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 188.8.131.52.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
How to get and install this update rollup for the Azure File Sync Agent
Update rollups for the Azure File Sync Agent are availablefrom MicrosoftUpdate and by manual download.
- If the Azure File Sync agent is not currently installed on a server, use the agent installation package on the Microsoft Download Center. The agent installation package on Microsoft Update and Microsoft Update Catalog is intended for agent upgrades only.
- To update existing agent installations, run AfsUpdater.exe (located in the agent installation directory) or download and install the update from Microsoft Update or Microsoft Update Catalog.
To get and install an update package from MicrosoftUpdate, follow these steps on a server that has Azure File Sync agentinstalled:
Server 2016 andServer 2019
- Click Start, and then click Settings.
- In Settings, click Update & security.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Verify the update rollup package is listed and then click Install now.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check for updates.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Verify the update rollup package is selected, and then click Install.
Go to the following website to manually download theupdate rollup package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Update Rollup for Azure File Sync Agent:June 2019 (KB4489738)
To manuallyinstall the update package, run the following command from an elevated commandprompt:
- msiexec.exe /p packagename.mspREINSTALLMODE=OMUSREINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater/qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
For example, toinstall the Azure File Sync agent update for Server 2016, run the followingcommand:
- msiexec.exe /p StorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4489738.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater /qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
Microsoft Download Center
Go to the Microsoft Download Center to manually download theagent installation package for new agent installations.
How to perform a silentinstallation for a new agent installation
To perform a silentinstallation for a new agent installation that uses the default settings, runthe following command at an elevated command prompt:
- msiexec/i packagename.msi /qb /l*v AFSv6Installer.log
- msiexec/i StorageSyncAgent_WS2016.msi /qb /l*v AFSv6Installer.log
- Use the /qbswitch to display restart prompts, agent update, and serverregistration screens. To suppress the screens and automatically restart theserver (if required), use the /qn switch.
- To perform asilent installation with custom settings, follow the steps documented in KB4459986.