This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1715 and Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1716.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
This security update contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues. To fix these issues completely, you have to install KB 4493162 together with this update:
- Fixes an issue in which the navigation pane doesn't have sufficient color contrast.
- Fixes an issue in which focus isn't visible in the navigation pane when you use the up and down arrow keys while the High Contrast setting mode is ON..
- Fixes a self-service site creation form render issue at different zoom levels.
- Fixes an issue in which the people search results don't show the correct profile photos on modern search result pages.
- Fixes an issue in which switching the search scope from all sites to the current site generates error messages on the current site page.
- Fixes an issue in which the words Share '<Site Collection Name>' in a sharing dialog box are displayed in a window that has scrollbars.
- Fixes an issue in which elements that have an ARIA role don't have all required ARIA attributes.
- Fixes an issue in which a role attribute in a DocumentCard element doesn’t use a valid value.
- Fixes an issue in which a role attribute in a DocumentCardActivity element doesn't have a valid value.
- Fixes an accessibility issue in which the parent and child role relationship doesn't match in the "Highlighted Content" webpart.
- Fixes an accessibility issue in which the parent and child role relationship doesn't match in "News and Activity" webparts.
- Fixes an accessibility issue in which the parent and child role relationship doesn't match on the "Communication Site" home page.
- Fixes an issue in which the "aria-label" accessibility attribute is not localized on modern sites.
- Fixes an accessibility issue in which some buttons don't have discernible text.
- Fixes accessibility issues on ARIA roles of modern search filters.
- Fix an accessibility issue on modern search filters in which the search filter menus lose focus after you switch an option by using the keyboard.
- Fix an accessibility issue on modern search filters in which the search filter menus automatically expand when you focus it by using the keyboard.
- Fixes an accessibility issue that the Create Site button in the Command bar is not defined in any Landmark.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: January 12, 2021.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4486752.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|