This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see the following security advisories:
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1641
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1707
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1712
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1715
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1716
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1717
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2021-1719
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue in which the Edit Control Block (ECB) menu in a task list is not read out correctly by Job Access With Speech (JAWS).
- Fixes an issue in which the Narrator reads an incorrect collapsed state for the Settings button.
- Fix an issue in which the Extensible Style Language (XSL) and Parameter editor on a SharePoint page cannot be opened in Microsoft Edge based on Chromium.
- Fixes some accessibility issues for the Visio Graphics Service that's running on SharePoint Server.
- Fixes an issue in which the OneDrive for Business sync client can't be set up in Windows 7.
- Fixes an issue in which moving a folder doesn't work if the site is under preservation hold.
- Fixes an issue in which a minor version will be created for a document if the Properties panel is opened by selecting View > Properties while the document is opened in read-only mode in Word.
- Fixes an issue in which the navigation pane doesn't have sufficient color contrast.
- Fixes an issue in which focus isn't visible in the navigation pane when you use the up and down arrow keys while the High Contrast setting mode is ON.
- Fixes a self-service site creation form render issue at different zoom levels.
- Fixes an issue in which the people search results don't show the correct profile photos on modern search result pages.
- Fixes an issue in which switching the search scope from all sites to the current site generates error messages on the current site page.
- Fixes an issue in which the words Share '<Site Collection Name>' in a sharing dialog box are displayed in a window that has scrollbars.
- Fixes an issue in which elements that have an ARIA role don't have all required ARIA attributes.
- Fixes an issue in which a role attribute in a DocumentCard element doesn’t use a valid value.
- Fixes an issue in which a role attribute in a DocumentCardActivity element doesn't have a valid value.
- Fixes an accessibility issue in which the parent and child role relationship doesn't match in the "Highlighted Content" webpart.
- Fixes an accessibility issue in which the parent and child role relationship doesn't match in the "News and Activity" webparts.
- Fixes an accessibility issue in which the parent and child role relationship doesn't match on the "Communication Site" home page.
- Fixes an issue in which the "aria-label" accessibility attribute is not localized on modern sites.
- Fixes an accessibility issue in which some buttons don't have discernible text.
- Fixes accessibility issues on ARIA roles of modern search filters.
- Fix an accessibility issue on modern search filters in which the search filter menus lose focus after you switch an option by using the keyboard.
- Fix an accessibility issue on modern search filters in which the search filter menus automatically expand when you focus it by using the keyboard.
- Fixes an accessibility issue inm which the Create Site button on the Command bar is not defined in any Landmark.
- Users cannot open the Project server admin page (ServerConfig.aspx), and you receive an error message that resembles the following:
"System.ArgumentException: Culture ID 4096 (0x1000) is a neutral culture; a region cannot be created from it."
- When you view a timeline in Project Web App, the day portion of a date label is repeated. For example, if the language and locale are set to Portuguese, and you have a task that is scheduled to begin on November 13, the label on the timescale shows "13 13e Novembro" instead of the expected "13 Novembro."
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: January 12, 2021.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4486751.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.