Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
Denial of service vulnerabilities exist when .NET Framework improperly handles objects in heap memory, or when .NET Framework and .NET Core improperly process RegEx strings.
To learn more about the vulnerabilities, go to the following Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE).
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2) require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this update
- 4495609 Description of the Security Only Update for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4495609)
- 4495593 Description of the Security Only Update for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4495593)
- 4495587 Description of the Security Only Update for .NET Framework 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4495587)