Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
The June 2019 update for Windows Server 2012 includes cumulative reliability improvements in .NET 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2. We recommend that you apply this update as part of your regular maintenance routines. Before you install this update, see the Prerequisites and Restart requirement sections.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Quality and reliability improvements
Addresses InvalidOperationException errors in System.Web.Hosting.RecycleLimitMonitor+RecycleLimitMonitorSingleton.AlertProxyMonitors. Worker processes for ASP.Net 4.7 and later are vulnerable to unexpected crashes because of this exception if the worker process consumes close to its configured Private Bytes recycling limit and application domains are being created or recycled (perhaps because of configuration file changes, or the presence of more than one application per worker process).
Addresses an issue in which it was possible for a Workflow Service to get into a looping situation if an unhandled exception occurs during Cancel processing. To break this cycle, the Web.config file for the workflow service can have the following AppSetting specified that will cause the workflow service instance to terminate, instead of abort, if an unhandled exception occurs during Cancel processing:
<add key="microsoft:WorkflowServices:TerminateOnUnhandledExceptionDuringCancel" value="true"/>
1 Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Additional information about this update
- 4503866 Description of the Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4503866)
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Method 2: Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
On your WSUS server, follow these steps:
- Select Start, select Administrative Tools, and then select Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0.
- Expand ComputerName, and then select Action.
- Select Import Updates.
- WSUS opens a browser window in which you may be prompted to install an ActiveX control. You must install the ActiveX control to continue.
- After the ActiveX control is installed, you see the Microsoft Update Catalog screen. Type 4503866 and then select Search
- Locate the .NET Framework packages that match the operating systems, languages, and processors in your environment. Select Add to add them to your basket.
- After you select all the packages that you require, select View Basket.
- To import the packages to your WSUS server, select Import.
- After the packages are imported, select Close to return to WSUS.
The updates are now available for installation through WSUS.
To apply this update, you must have .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2 installed.
You must restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you exit all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update replaces previously released updates 4487257.
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
Windows Server 2012
The MANIFEST files (.manifest) and the MUM files (.mum) that are installed for each environment are listed in the "Additional file information" section. MUM, MANIFEST, and the associated security catalog (.cat) files, are very important to maintain the state of the updated components. The security catalog files, for which the attributes are not listed, are signed with a Microsoft digital signature.
Additional file information