.NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2
Quality and reliability improvements
- Improves the memory allocation and cleanup scheduling behavior of the weak-event pattern. To opt-in to these improvements, set AppContext switches to 'true': Switch.MS.Internal.EnableWeakEventMemoryImprovements and Switch.MS.Internal.EnableCleanupSchedulingImprovements.
- Addresses an InvalidOperationException that can occur during weak-event cleanup, if called re-entrantly while a weak-event delivery is in progress.
- Addresses InvalidOperationException errors in System.Web.Hosting.RecycleLimitMonitor+RecycleLimitMonitorSingleton.AlertProxyMonitors. Worker processes for ASP.Net 4.7 and later are vulnerable to unexpected crashes becaure of this exception if the worker process consumes close to its configured Private Bytes recycling limit and application domains are being created or recycled (perhaps due to config file changes, or the presence of more than one application per worker process).
- Addresses an issue in which it was possible for a Workflow Service to get into a looping situation if an unhandled exception occurs during Cancel processing. To break this cycle, the Web.config file for the workflow service can have the following AppSetting specified that will cause the workflow service instance to terminate, instead of abort, if an unhandled exception occurs during Cancel processing:
<add key="microsoft:WorkflowServices:TerminateOnUnhandledExceptionDuringCancel" value="true"/>
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues in this update.
Additional information about this update
- 4503864 Description of the Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 (KB4503864)
How to obtain and install the update
Install this update
To download and install this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update.