Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
The July 2019 update includes cumulative reliability improvements in .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1, and for .NET Framework 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 SP2. We recommend that you apply this update as part of your regular maintenance routines. Before you install this update, see the Prerequisites and Restart requirement sections.
- Starting in August, 2019, updates to .NET Framework 4.6 and later for Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and Windows 7 SP1 require SHA-2 code signing support. To avoid installation issues, make sure that you have all the latest Windows Updates before applying this update. For more detailed information about SHA-2 code signing support updates, see KB 4474419.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll update, see KB 4019990 for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Or, see KB 4019478 for Windows Server 2008 SP2.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Quality and reliability improvements
Fixes a crash that occurs after enumerating event logs.
1 Bass Class Library (BCL)
Additional information about this update
- 4512196 Description of the Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 4.5.2, 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4512196)
- 4512193 Description of the Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB4512193)
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Windows Update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Method 3: Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
On your WSUS server, follow these steps:
- Select Start, select Administrative Tools, and then select Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0.
- Expand ComputerName, and then select Action.
- Select Import Updates.
- WSUS opens a browser window in which you may be prompted to install an ActiveX control. You must install the ActiveX control to continue.
- After the ActiveX control is installed, you see the Microsoft Update Catalog screen. In the Search box, enter 4512196 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 or enter 4512193 for Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Server 2008, and then select Search.
- Locate the .NET Framework packages that match the operating systems, languages, and processors in your environment. Select Add to add them to your basket.
- After you select all the packages that you require, select View Basket.
- To import the packages to your WSUS server, select Import.
- After the packages are imported, select Close to return to WSUS.
The updates are now available for installation through WSUS.
To apply this update, you must have .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, or 4.7.2 for Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 installed, or .NET Framework 4.6 for Server 2008 SP2 installed.
You must restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you exit all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.