Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard is designed for Surface Pro X to store and charge your Slim Pen. It features a large glass trackpad, and Alcantara material. Here's how to set it up and use it with your pen.
Get to know Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard
- Storage tray
- Surface Slim Pen
This keyboard is only compatible with Surface Pro X.
Attach your accessories
To see if video captioning is available in your language, select the Closed captions icon after the video starts.
Set up your keyboard
Use your keyboard to charge and wake up your pen. Here's how:
- Attach the top of your keyboard to the bottom of your Surface Pro X.
- Place your pen in the storage tray. Wait for a moment or allow the pen to fully charge. When you're ready, remove the pen to start writing on your Surface.
When the LED light on your Slim Pen turns amber, place it in the storage tray to charge it. for more info about the LED light, go to Use Surface Slim Pen.
Connect your Slim Pen to a Surface
There are two ways to automatically connect your Slim Pen to a Surface Pro X. Here's how:
- Place your pen in the storage tray of a Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard, then remove it.
- Use Swift Connect to automatically connect your Slim Pen. To do this, simply write on the screen with your pen. A setup experience will appear and help you customize your pen.
You can also pair your device using Bluetooth. Here's how:
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth .
- Press and hold the top button of your pen for 5-7 seconds until the LED light flashes white to turn on Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Select Surface Slim Pen to pair your pen.
Use the top button
Press the top button of your Slim Pen to launch Microsoft Whiteboard. To customize the top button shortcuts or change pen settings, select Start > Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink .