Follow these steps to cancel or turn off recurring billing for all Microsoft subscriptions and trial subscriptions, including Xbox Live and Office 365.
- Go to Services & subscriptions. You might be asked to sign in.
- Find the subscription and select Payment & billing > Cancel. If you don't see your subscription, make sure you are signed in to the correct Microsoft account for that subscription.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with cancellation. Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- You can also find the subscription and select Payment & billing > Change > Turn off recurring billing to avoid being charged again when the subscription expires on its own.
If you don't see the option to cancel or can't turn off recurring billing, try the following:
- Check if a payment method needs to be updated. If it does, we'll let you know as soon as you arrive at Services & subscriptions. To fix this, go to Payment options.
- Check if your subscription is prepaid by checking when it expires. You'll see Paid with prepaid card next to the expiration date if the subscription is prepaid. If it is prepaid, it'll end on the expiration date and you don't need to do anything else. (You can't cancel or turn off recurring billing for prepaid subscriptions.)
- To see our complete cancellation policy, see Microsoft Store Terms of Sale.