This article describes the improvements and issues thatare fixed in the Azure File Sync Agent v10.1 release that is dated June 2020.Additionally, this article contains installation instructions for this release.
Improvements and issues that are fixed
- Azure private endpoint support
- Synctraffic to the Storage Sync Service can now be sent to a private endpoint. Thisenables tunneling over an ExpressRoute or VPN connection. To learn more, see Configuring Azure File Sync network endpoints.
- FilesSynced metric will now display progress while a large sync is running, ratherthan at the end.
- Miscellaneousreliability improvements for agent installation, cloud tiering, sync andtelemetry.
More information about the Azure File Sync Agent v10.1 release
- Thisupdate is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and WindowsServer 2019 installations.
- AzureFile Sync agent version 22.214.171.124 or a later version is required to upgradeexisting agent installations.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the agent installation.
- The agent version for this release is 10.1.0.0.
How to obtain and install the Azure File Sync Agent
The Azure FileSync v10.1 release is currently being flighted to servers which are configuredto automatically update when a new version becomes available. Once fightingcompletes, this update will be available on Microsoft Update and MicrosoftDownload Center. Flighting means the release is offered to a limited number ofservers first and expands to more severs gradually. It may not be offered toyour server right away even if it’s configured to automatically update when anew version becomes available. To immediately install the Azure File Sync v10.1release, manually download the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
To learn moreabout Azure File Sync agent auto-update, see automaticagent lifecycle management.
To obtain andinstall this update, configure your Azure File Sync agent to automaticallyupdate when a new version becomes available or manually download the updatefrom the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Configure your Azure File Sync agent to automaticallyupdate when a new version becomes available
- During the Azure File Sync agent installation(version 6.0 or later), select the “Automatically update when a new versionbecomes available” setting.
- If the agent is already installed (version 6.0or later), run the following PowerShell commands to configure auto-update:
- Set-StorageSyncAgentAutoUpdate-PolicyMode InstallLatest -Day <day> -Hour <hour>
Manually download and install the Azure File Syncagent update from the Microsoft Update Catalog
Go to the following website to manually download thisupdate from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
To manuallyinstall the update package, run the following command from an elevated commandprompt:
- msiexec.exe /p packagename.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUSREINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater/qb /l*v KB4522411.log
For example, toinstall the Azure File Sync agent update for Server 2016, run the followingcommand:
- msiexec.exe /pStorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4522411.mspREINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater/qb /l*v KB4522411.log