Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Quality and reliability improvements
- Addresses an issue when using the WCFNetTcp binding. If a client stops responding during the connection handshake, sometimes a service will use the binding receive timeout instead of the open timeout. This update ensures that the correct open timeout is used during the entire handshake.
1 Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
Additional information about this update
- 4538157 Description of the Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4538157)
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Windows Update
This update is available through Windows Update. Go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. For more information about how to get preview updates, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
On your WSUS server, follow these steps:
- Select Start, select Administrative Tools, and then select Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0.
- Expand ComputerName, and then select Action.
- Select Import Updates.
- WSUS opens a browser window in which you may be prompted to install an ActiveX control. You must install the ActiveX control to continue.
- After the ActiveX control is installed, you see the Microsoft Update Catalog screen. Type 4538157 into the Search box, and then select Search.
- Locate the .NET Framework packages that match the operating systems, languages, and processors in your environment. Select Add to add them to your basket.
- After you select all the packages that you require, select View Basket.
- To import the packages to your WSUS server, select Import.
- After the packages are imported, select Close to return to WSUS.
The updates are now available for installation through WSUS.
To apply this update, you must have .NET Framework 3.5 installed.
You must restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you exit all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update replaces previously released updates 4535673.