Consider the following scenario:
- You are using Outlook 2019 or Outlook 2016 on a computer that is running Windows 10, version 1809 or a later version of Windows.
- You install a cumulative update for Windows 10 that is released after March 17, 2020.
- You deploy User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) that has the Sync Method set to None.
- You register the MicrosoftOutlook2016CAWinXX.xml UE-V template. For example, you register MicrosoftOutlook2016CAWin32.xml.
In this scenario, Outlook takes one minute start and display its splash screen.
This issue occurs when the UE-V Sync method is set to None. This setting causes Windows to ignore the synchronize timeout (by default, two seconds). Therefore, UE-V times out after one minute.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
Use the default Sync method SyncProvider.
The Sync method None is specific to workstations that have a permanent network connection to the SettingsStoragePath.
If you cannot change to other Sync methods, you can change the behavior of UE-V by configuring the items in the corresponding template by following these steps:
- Go to the TemplateCatalog path that is defined in the UEV Configuration settings. If you use the default location, the path should be as follows:
- Update the following lines in the template, and then save and re-apply the new template:
Important For method 2, the template editing is applicable to only Office 2019 and Office 2016. It does not apply to earlier versions of Office. Changing the template for a version of Office other than Office 2019 or Office 2016 can cause crashes and undefined behavior in the program.