This article describes the contents of the October 2020 servicing release (update) for Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP). This update contains the latest fixes for Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) 2.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 5.1 Client.
- The App-V Clients are "in-box" starting at the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Version 1607). The "in-box" App-V client continues to use the App-V 5.1 Server.
- Fixes that are delivered to the "out-of-box" versions of App-V are first delivered for the "in-box" versions of App-V in the monthly Windows 10 cumulative updates.
- We recommend that you test fixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new servicing release contains all the fixes (including security fixes) that were included in the previous update package. We recommend that you apply for the latest servicing release.
Issues that are fixed in this update
App-V 5.1 (release version)
This update includes quality improvements for App-V 5.1
MBAM 2.5 Service Pack 1
This update fixes the following issue:
- Addresses issues with screen readers on the MBAM Administration and Monitoring website, also known as the Help Desk Portal.
Microsoft Download Center
A supported update is available for download.
To apply this update, you must have the following installed:
- For APP-V 5.1, you must have the release version of APP-V 5.1 or a later servicing release installed.
- For MBAM 2.5 SP1, you must have the release version of MBAM 2.5 SP1 installed.
You must restart your device after you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update replaces the following updates:
- Microsoft Application Virtualization version HF11 as described in the following article:
KB4074878 March 2018 servicing release for Microsoft Desktop Optimization pack
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring 2.5 version HF06 as described in the following article:
KB4041137 Sept 2017 servicing release for Microsoft Desktop Optimization pack
To apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
This servicing release includes update installers for App-V 5.1 RTM.
For App-V, the original client installation file contains installers for both x86-based and x64-based architectures. Running the .exe file automatically deploys the correct client. However, if the original client was deployed by extracting and using the architecture-specific .msi file, you must apply the associated .msp file to ensure a successful update. To extract the associated .msp file, run the following command:
Important If you try to apply this update by running the AppV5.1RTM_Client_KB4074878.exe file instead of the (extracted) associated .msp file, you may receive the following error message:
Setup failed while scanning the system for prerequisites. The update only applies to App-V client version: '5.1.xx.0'. The AppV client is not present on this computer.