Yuval Sinay MVP
COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS CONTENT DISCLAIMER
MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
The following knowledgebase will help you to resolve Event ID 12014
- Event ID 12014 may appear in the Application event log of CAS/HUB Transport/Edge server:
"Microsoft Exchange couldn't find a certificate that contains the domain name mail.domainname.com
in the personal store on the local computer. Therefore, it is unable to offer the STARTTLS SMTP
verb for any connector with a FQDN parameter of mail.domainname.com.
Verify the connector configuration and the installed certificates to make sure that there is
a certificate with a domain name for every connector FQDN."
2. The SMTP connector may fail to support TLS connection.
The Exchange server, may setup to use wrong certificate or doesn't setup to use certificate.
- The certificate should reflect the external FQDN name of the server.
1. Open "Exchange Management Shell".
2. Write "get-ExchangeCertificate" and press on "Enter" button.
3. Write down the Thumbprint of the certificate that reflect the required FQDN name of the server.
4. Review the current certificate that use by the Exchange server and
each certificate function.
5. Write "Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint 2afd26617915932ad096c48eb3b847fc7457662 -Services "SMTP"
and press on 'Enter" button.
- The value of -Thumbprint obtained in stage 3.
6. Restart the Exchange server.
Creating a Certificate or Certificate Request for TLS