IN THIS TASK
SUMMARYThis article describes how to install the Windows Terminal Services, Remote Desktop Connection client from a Windows 2003 Server computer that is running Terminal Services.
back to the top
Share the Client Setup FolderTo share the client setup folder, follow these steps:
- On the Windows 2003 Server computer that is running Terminal Services, open Windows Explorer, and then locate the following folder: drive:\systemroot\System32\Clients\Tsclient\Win32
where drive is the drive that Windows is installed on and systemroot is the folder that contains the Windows installation files.
- Right-click the Win32 folder, and then click Sharing and Security.
- In the win32 Properties dialog box, click Share this folder, and then click OK.
Install the 32-Bit Terminal Services ClientTo install the 32-bit Terminal Services client, follow these steps:
- On the client computer, connect to the shared client installation folder on the server that is running Terminal Services:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open, box type \\computername\Win32\Setup.exe, where computername is the computer name of the Windows 2003 Server-based computer with the installation shared folder.
- Click OK.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the client.
Article ID: 816590 - Last Review: Jan 7, 2008 - Revision: 1