Enable network COM+ access
- Click Start, point to Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Select Application Server, and then click
- Click Enable network COM+ access, and then click OK.
- Click Next, and then click
- Restart the computer.
Note COM+ applications that use databases and that you install on separate computers, may not work over the network unless you enable
Enable Network DTC Access.
A COM+ client application may return the following error if network COM+ access is disabled:
The Component or application containing the component has been disabled.
For more information about how to enable Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) access, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 817065 - Last Review: Mar 24, 2009 - Revision: 1