Visit Windows Update (<http://update.microsoft.com>) to download and install the latest Service Pack.
- You have an incomplete Windows XP service pack installation.
- You do not restart the computer when you are prompted to after the Windows XP service pack installation process is complete.
- You installed Office 2003 and a Windows XP service pack update on the computer.
- You upgrade the Microsoft Windows XP Home-based computer to Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
- You reinstall Windows XP on the computer.
- You perform a repair of Windows XP on the computer.
Method 1Restart the computer, and then install or start the Office 2003 programs. Generally, you should restart when youreceive a prompt to do this after you install any product or update.
Method 2Install the latest Windows XP service pack from the following Microsoft Windows update Web site:
Method 3Manually download and install the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a) update. To download and install Windows XP SP1a, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 817117 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4