- When you use the Inline Frame to embed an existing Web page in your page, and then you click the Previewtab, you receive the following error message: Content within this application coming from the Web site listed below is being blocked by Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.When you click
file://C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\FrontPageTempDir\pvw1.htm
Add, and then in the Trusted sites dialog box, you click Add to "Add this Web site to the zone", you receive the following error message:You have entered an invalid wildcard sequence.FrontPage 2003 uses a temporary local path for the embedded existing Web page, but you cannot add the temporary local path to a Trusted sites zone because Internet Explorer does not support adding a local file path to
Examples of valid patterns:
Examples of invalid patterns:
Trusted sites zones.
- When you create a hyperlink, and then click the hyperlink in a preview, nothing occurs. The hyperlink does not work.
- When you open a Web on a SharePoint Team Services server, you are always prompted for username and password even if the SharePoint Team Services server uses Windows Authentication.
- Some FrontPage 2003 dynamic HTML (DHTML) content is blocked. When you preview the preview the page, DHTML content does not work or appear correctly in the browser.
- When you preview a Web, content from outside the current Web is blocked if it contains "unsafe" content such as scripts, or ActiveX Controls.
This enhanced level of security may prevent certain Web sites from appearing as expected in Internet Explorer or FrontPage 2003 previews, and programs that require the browser may not work as expected because scripts, ActiveX Controls, and downloads are disabled.
WARNING: If you turn off Enhanced Security Configuration, you may expose your server to potential security attacks.
Regardless of the browser that you use, it is a good idea to restrict browsing on your server. To reduce the risk to your server of potential attacks from malicious Web-based content:
- Do not use servers for browsing general Web content.
- Use client computers to download files such as drivers and service packs.
- Do not view sites that you cannot confirm are secure.
- Use a limited user account instead of an administrator account for general Web browsing.
- Use the Group Policy feature to keep unauthorized users from making inappropriate changes to browser security settings.
- Use client computers to develop content using FrontPage 2003.
Article ID: 817939 - Last Review: Jun 23, 2008 - Revision: 1