back to the top
After you configure this Group Policy setting, users can configure how they want to play audio when they click one of the following options in the Remote computer sound box on the Local Resources tab of Remote Desktop Connection:
- Bring to this computer: This setting runs sound files in the Remote Desktop session and plays them on the user's computer.
- Do not play: This setting disables all sound in Remote Desktop sessions.
- Leave at remote computer: This setting runs sound files in the Remote Desktop session and plays them on the server.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type mmc, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Click Add.
- Click Group Policy Object Editor, and then click Add.
- Under Group Policy Object, specify the Group Policy object that you want (for example, Local Computer Policy), and then click Finish.
- Click Close, and then click OK.
- In the console tree, expand the policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, expand Terminal Services, and then click Client/Server data redirection.
- In the right pane, double-click Allow audio redirection.
- Click Enabled, and then click OK.
Article ID: 818465 - Last Review: Jan 7, 2008 - Revision: 1