When you remove an adapter that is connected to an EMC Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) device (for example, an EMC Clariion CX200 device) and you do not notify Windows Server 2003 (this is also referred to as a "surprise removal"), you may experience any of the following symptoms:
- Your computer automatically restarts.
- After you log on, you receive the following error message: Microsoft WindowsIf the error message still appears and if you want to see the data that the error report contains, click the click here link at the bottom of the message box. You then see error signature information that may be similar to the following data:
The system has recovered from a serious error.
A log of this error has been created.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Windows. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error report contains, click here .
BCCode : 0000007e BCP1 : c0000005 BCP2 : f72ddc76 BCP3 : f791e920
BCP4 : f791e570 OSVer : 5_2_3718 SP : 0_0 Product : 272_3
- You receive the following "Stop" error message: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...
*** STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf72ddc76, 0xf791e920, 0xf791e570)
- When you view the system log in Event Viewer, you may notice an event ID 1003 entry that contains information that is similar to the following information Date: date
Error Time: time
Event ID: 1003
Description: Error code 0000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 f72ddc76, parameter3 f791e920, parameter4 f791e570. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://support.microsoft.com. Data: 0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E 0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er 0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code 0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 35 00000 7e 0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param 0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 66 66 eters ff 0030: 66 66 66 66 64 31 2c
- The symptoms of a Stop error vary according to your computer's system failure options. For additional information about how to configure system failure options, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:307973 Configure System Failure and Recovery Options in Windows
- The four parameters that are included in the error signature information (BCP
x) and inside the parentheses (") of the technical information for the Stop error may vary according to the computer configuration.
- Not all Stop 0x0000007e errors are caused by the problem that is described in this article.
This problem may occur if RaidUnitFreeResources passes a bad pointer as the first argument to RaidDmaFreeCommonBuffer.
Hotfix InformationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 838894 package now.
Download the 838894 64-bit package now.
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online ServicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
File InformationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section of this article.
For more information about EMC Corporation, visit the following EMC Corporation Web site:Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.