In Microsoft Outlook 2002, if you configure more than one POP3 account in one profile, when you send and receive e-mail for all the accounts in the profile at the same time, you receive the following error message:
(0x800CCC90) Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error.
This problem occurs if your Internet Service Provider (ISP) limits the number of POP3 connections that you can make at the same time.
To work around this problem you can separate your POP3 accounts into smaller Send/Receive groups, and then connect with each Send/Receive group separately. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Tools, point to
Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups.
- Click New.
Send/Receive Group Name box, type the name that you want to give this group.
- In the left pane, under Accounts, click the account that you want to include in this group, and then click to select the Include account in this send/receive group check box.
- Click to select the Send mail items check box and the Receive mail items check box.
- Click Download complete item including attachments, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each account that you want to include in this Send/Receive group.
- To create another Send/Receive group and add an account to that group, repeat steps 2 through 6.
- When you have created all the Send/Receive groups that you want, click Close.
- To send and receive e-mail for each group that you have created, click Tools, point to Send/Receive, and then click the name of the Send/Receive group that you want.