There are several methods that you can use to recover information from damaged or corrupted Microsoft Excel files. This article discusses these methods and includes references to other Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that discuss these methods in more detail.
Methods for Recovering Data in Corrupted Excel FilesYou can use the following methods to troubleshoot problems with opening or using Excel files:
- Use a recovered copy of the document.
- Use the Open and Repair command.
- Save the file in HTML format.
- Save the file in XML Spreadsheet format.
- If a chart is linked to the corrupted file, use a macro to extract the data.
Article ID: 820741 - Last Review: Sep 23, 2015 - Revision: 1