This article describes how to delete selected messages from queues. If you delete a message from a queue, the message is permanently removed from the messaging system.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
- Double-click Servers, double-click the server that you want, and then click Queues.
Note If you have administrative groups defined, double-click Administrative Groups, double-click Administrative_Group_Name (where Administrative_Group_Name is the group that contains the queue you want), double-click Servers, double-click the server that you want, and then click Queues.
- Right-click the queue that you want to modify, and then click Freeze to freeze the queue.
- Click Find Messages, and then click Find Now to find messages in the queue.
- Right-click the message that you want to delete, and then click one of the following options:
- Click Delete (no NDR) to delete messages from the queue without sending a non-delivery report (NDR) to the senders.
- Click Delete (with NDR) to delete messages from the queue and send an NDR to the senders of the messages.
- When you are prompted to delete the messages in the queue, click Yes.
Article ID: 822944 - Last Review: Feb 15, 2017 - Revision: 2