abnormal program termination
- The global template is corrupted or damaged.
- A Word add-in iscorrupted or damaged.
- The Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in (OfficeAV.dll) is corrupted or damaged.
Method 1: Rename the global templateNote When you rename the global template, Word options are reset to their default settings. These options include custom styles, custom toolbars, macros, and AutoText entries. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you do not delete your global template.
Certain configurations can create more than one global template. These configurations include multiple versions of Word on the same computer and several workstation installations on the same computer. In these situations, make sure that you rename the correct copy of the global template.
- In Word 2007, the global template is named Normal.dotm.
- In Word 2003, the global template is named Normal.dot.
Method 2: Remove the Word in Works Suite add-inTo do this, follow these steps:
- Exit Microsoft Works.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Change or Remove Programs.
- In the Currently installed programs list, click Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message:
Method 3: Remove Word add-insWhen you start Word, Word automatically loads templates and add-ins that are located in the startup folders. Problems in Word may be the result of conflicts or problems with an add-in. To determine whether an add-in in a startup folder is causing the issue, temporarily delete the registry setting that points to these add-ins.
For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Method 4: Remove Word COM add-insCOM add-in programs can be installed in any location. They are installed by programs that interact with Word.For more information about how to remove COM add-ins, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Method 5: Use the Live Update feature in Norton to update the Norton Office plug-inDo this if Norton AntiVirus 2003, Norton SystemWorks 2003, Norton AntiVirus 2002, or Norton SystemWorks 2002 is installed. For more information about your Norton AntiVirus or Norton SystemWorks software, see your product documentation.
For more information about the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 823585 - Last Review: Nov 17, 2011 - Revision: 1