When you delete the network bridge from the Network Connections folder, you may receive the following error message:
An unexpected error occurred.
This issue may occur if there is low memory on the computer. As a result, the computer may lose the network bridge configuration settings.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Remove all the network adapters from the network bridge. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Network Connections.
- Right-click Network Bridge, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab.
- On the Select the adapters you want to use to connect to computers on your local network list, click to clear the check boxes for the network adapters that are installed on your computer, and then click OK.
- Remove the MAC Bridge Miniport. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Expand Network Adapters, right-click MAC Bridge Miniport, and then click Uninstall.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.