- One of the available hard drives has more than 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of free disk space available.
- The hard disk with sufficient space is not a removable drive or a network drive.
- Detect and Repair
- Demand Install
- Maintenance Mode Setup
- Installation of service packs and patches
Note The MSOCACHE folder is not always located on the disk drive with the most free space. If your computer has an NTFS drive with at least 1.5 GB of free space, the MSOCACHE folder will be located on that NTFS drive.
Remove Msocache Folder During SetupDuring Office 2003 Setup, on the Setup Completed page, click to select the Delete installation files check box, and then click
Remove Msocache Folder After Office Is InstalledAfter Office is installed you can use the Windows Cleanup Wizard to remove the Msocache folder.
Note If you have more than one partition on your hard disk, you may have to repeat these steps for each partition.
Warning Never delete the MSOCACHE folder by using Microsoft Windows Explorer.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to
System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
- In the Select Drive dialog box, in the Drives list, click C:, and then click
Note If you have more than one hard disk, the Office setup files will be on the partition that had the most free space during Office Setup.
- Wait for Disk Cleanup to finish checking the drive.
- In the Files to Delete list, click to select the Office Setup Files check box, and then click
Note If the size of the Office Setup Files is zero, the Office Setup files are on another hard disk.
- When you receive the following message, click
Yes:Are you sure you want to delete these files?
Move LIS Cache folder to a new drive locationA tool has been developed that lets you change the location of your Local Install Source cache folder after it has been established by a product install. To download the Local Installation Source Tool, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 825933 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4