Note The steps that are listed in this article are specific to Adobe Acrobat 6.0. If you are using a different version of Adobe Acrobat, the names of menus and commands may be slightly different, but the overall steps are the same.
- Set up the Adobe PDF printer driver to work correctly with Publisher 2007 and with Publisher 2003.
- Create a Job Options (.joboptions) file for the Adobe Acrobat Distiller program.
How to Set Up the Adobe PDF Printer Driver to Work with Publisher 2007 and with Publisher 2003
- Click Start, and then click
Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click the Adobe PDF icon, and then click Properties.
- Click the Device Settings tab.
- Change the Convert Gray Graphics to PostScript Gray setting to No.
- Change the Convert Gray Text to PostScript Gray setting to No.
- Click the General tab.
- Click Printing Preferences.
- Click the Adobe PDF Settingstab.
- Click to clear the Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts check box.
- Click the Layout tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Change the TrueType Font setting to
Download as softfont.
- Click OK three times to close the
Adobe PDF Properties dialog box.
How to Create a Job Options File for the Adobe Acrobat Distiller Program
- Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Adobe Distiller 8.
- In the Default Settings box, click to select Press Quality.
- On the Settings menu, click Edit Adobe PDF Settings.
- Click the Fonts tab.
- In the When embedding fails box, click to select Warn and Continue.
- Click Save As.
- In the Save Adobe PDF Settings As dialog box, type a name for the new .joboptions file, and then click
- Click OK.
How to Use Publisher 2007 and Publisher 2003 with Distiller to Create a PDFAfter you set Adobe Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007 and with Publisher 2003 and create a Job Options (.joboptions) file for the Adobe Acrobat Distiller program, you can use Publisher 2007 and Publisher 2003 with Adobe Acrobat Distiller to create PDF files.
- Open a Publisher 2007 or Publisher 2003 publication that you want to convert to a PDF file.
- On the Tools menu, point to
Commercial Printing Tools, and then click Color Printing.
- If the Publisher 2007 or Publisher 2003 publication is to be printed as spot color, make sure that those spot colors are defined.
- After you have verified the settings in the Color Printing dialog box, click OK.
- On the File menu, click Page Setup.
- Click Advanced, and then click to select the layout type that you prefer. (Note the page size settings.)
- Click OK twice.
- Click File, and then Print Setup.
- In the Printer Name box, click to select Adobe PDF, and then click OK.
- Make sure that the page size settings are still correct. If the job is to be a booklet or a multi-up job, you can use the controls in this dialog box to set up page imposition.
- When the page setup settings are correct, click
- On the File menu, click
- Click to select the Print to File check box.
- Click Advanced Print Settings.
- In the Output box, click Composite CMYK, Separations, or Composite Grayscale (as appropriate.)
- Click the Page Settings tab, and then click the printer’s marks that you want Publisher 2007 or Publisher 2003 to print.
- Click OK.
- When prompted, click a folder where you want to save your file, type a file name for your PostScript file, and then save this file.
- Start Adobe Acrobat Distiller.
- On the File menu, click
- In the Open dialog box, locate the PostScript file that you created in step 6, and then click
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 826360 - Last Review: Sep 23, 2008 - Revision: 1