- This behavior occurs although you have created only one local user account that does not have a password.
- This behavior does not occur when you install the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- On a computer that is running Windows XP, verify the following:
- The computer has only one local user account.
- The local user account does not have a password.
- Install the .NET Framework 1.1.
Before you install the .NET Framework 1.1, verify that your computer meets the hardware requirements and the software requirements for installing the .NET Framework 1.1.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:815177 How to determine whether a client meets the minimum requirements for installing the .NET FrameworkTo download the latest version of the .NET Framework 1.1, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
- In the Shut Down dialog box, click
Restart in the drop-down list box, and then click OK.
Windows XP Home Page
Article ID: 827072 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2