Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Local Security Settings.
- Expand Local Policies, and then expand Audit Policy.
- In the right pane, double-click Audit system events.
- Click to select the Success check box, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.
Article ID: 828857 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3