You do not have permission to view this page using your current user account.
Try the following:
If you have another user account with a higher level of permission, click your browser's Back button to try again using that account.
If you believe you should be able to view this page, contact the Web site administrator.
- The virtual server or virtual directory is configured to use Integrated Windows authentication (formerly named NTLM or Windows NT Challenge/Response authentication).
- The browser is configured to use a proxy server, and the proxy server settings block access to the Web page.
Method 1: Configure the virtual server or virtual directory to use Basic authentication in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)To modify IIS to permit password access to the SharePoint Central Administration site, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Services Manager, or open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) that contains the IIS snap-in.
- Expand server_name, where
server_name is the name of the server.
- Expand the Web Sites folder.
- Right-click the virtual server or virtual directory (for example, Default Web Site) that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- Click the Directory Securitytab.
- Under Anonymous access and authentication control, click Edit.
- Click to select the Basic authentication (password is sent in clear text) check box.
- When you receive the Are you sure you want to continue? message, click Yes.
- Click to clear the Integrated Windows authentication check box.
- Click to clear the Anonymous access check box.
- Click OK, and then click
- Quit the IIS snap-in.
Method 2: Configure proxy server settings for the Web browserThe following steps describe how to configure proxy server exception settings for Internet Explorer. For information about how to configure proxy settings in Netscape Navigator, see the product documentation. To configure proxy server exception settings for Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Connectionstab.
- In the Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings list, click the connection that you want to configure, and then click Settings.
- Under Proxy Server, click
- In the Exceptions box, type the URL of the Windows SharePoint Services Web site.
- Click OK, click OK, and then click OK.
Article ID: 829065 - Last Review: Apr 28, 2008 - Revision: 1