- The Enable write caching on the diskoption in Microsoft Windows is turned on.
Note This is the default setting.
- Windows loses connection to the drive that contains the file that is being saved. This problem may be a loss of network connectivity, or it may be an unexpected removal of a drive.
- Exit all programs. This includes OneNote.
- Click Start, and then click
- Click Performance and Maintenance.
- Click System.
- On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
- Right-click your drive device, and then click
- On the Policies tab, click to clear the
Enable write caching on the disk check box, and then click
- On the File menu in Device Manager, click Exit.
Article ID: 831594 - Last Review: Sep 12, 2011 - Revision: 1