How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated November 13, 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Excel 2003This fix is included in Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1). For more information about how to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The fix is enabled by default when you install the update. However, it may cause incorrect ordering of subtotals when the following conditions are true:
- The summary appears below the detail data.
- One or more subtotal breaks contain only a single item.
- Quit all Microsoft Office programs.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key:
Excel 2002HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Excel\OptionsExcel 2003HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\OptionsExcel 2007HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options
- After you select the key that is specified in step 4, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD value.
- Type Excel97Subtotals, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click Excel97Subtotals, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.