You receive this event ID even though the Network Load Balancing service is not installed on the computer.
- Start Registry Editor. To do so, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WLBS
- Back up this registry subkey. To do so, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Export.
- Select a location to save the file to, type a descriptive name for the registry subkey (for example, "WLBS"), and then click Save.
- Restore the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WLBS registry subkey from the saved backup.
- Change the value of the Group registry entry back to PNP_TDI.
- In the right pane, right-click the Group registry entry, and then click Modify.
- By default, the Group string value is set to PNP_TDI. To prevent the occurrence of event ID 7000, set the value of the Group entry to an empty string. To do so, delete the PNP_TDI value in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.