Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
Error message 1
Error message 2
- Locate the Packaging Wizard folder on the computer where the Access 2002 runtime deployment package was created.
By default, the Packaging Wizard folder can be found in the following location:Installation_Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Developer\Packaging Wizard
- Start Notepad, and then open the Ospfilelist.txt file.
Note Make a backup copy of the Ospfilelist.txt file.
- In the Ospfilelist.txt file, locate and then delete the line that contains the Dbmsadsn.dll file.
- In the Ospfilelist.txt file, locate the three lines that contain the Msxml.dll file name, the Dbnmpntw.dll file name, and the Sqloledb.dll file name. Change the fourth column of each line from “All” to “9x.”
- On the File menu, click
- On the File menu, click Exit.
- Create the Access 2002 runtime deployment package again by using the Packaging Wizard.
- Install the Access 2002 runtime deployment package on the computer that is running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP SP2, or Windows Vista.
For more information about the Microsoft XML Parser , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about Windows DAC, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
When you try to install the Access 2002 runtime deployment package, the Setup program determines whether the files that are mentioned in the Ospfilelist.txt file exist on your computer. The Setup program also determines whether the files that are mentioned in the Ospfilelist.txt file meet the minimum version requirements. The Setup program fails if it encounters any of the reasons that the "Cause" section mentions.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Create an Access 2002 runtime deployment package for the Northwind.mdb sample database.
Note Make sure that the Access 2002 runtime deployment package includes the Access run-time files.
- Determine whether the computer is running Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2003.
Note If the computer is running Windows Server 2003, make sure that Windows Server 2003 was not upgraded from a previously installed Windows operating system.
- Copy the Setup files for the Access 2002 runtime deployment package that you created in step 1. Put these Setup files on the computer that you identified in step 2.
- Install the Access 2002 runtime deployment package on the computer that you identified in step 2.
Article ID: 837150 - Last Review: Jan 4, 2008 - Revision: 1