- To help determine the Web publishing rule that is corrupted, disable link translation on each Web publishing rule, and then try to start the Microsoft Firewall service. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the ISA Server Management tool.
- Expand ServerName, where ServerName is the name of your ISA Server computer.
- Click Firewall Policy, click a Web publishing rule, and then click Edit Selected Rule.
- Click the Link Translation tab, click to clear the Replace absolute links in Web pages check box, and then click OK.
Note In ISA Server 2006, click to clear the Apply link translation to this rule check box.
- Click Apply to update the firewall policy, and then click OK.
- Try to start the Microsoft Firewall service. If the service starts successfully, this rule may be corrupted.
- If the Microsoft Firewall service does not start successfully, reenable link translation for the previous rule, and then disable it on the next rule.
- When you have identified the corrupted rule, remove that rule, or edit the link translation dictionary entries for that rule.
Note When you create a new Web publishing rule, and when you click to select the Replace absolute links in Web pages check box in ISA Server 2004 or the Apply link translation to this rule check box in ISA Server 2006,a new link translation dictionary is automatically created for that rule.
Article ID: 837864 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3