The page cannot be displayed
Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
Try the following:
- Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
- Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
- Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
- Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The request was rejected by the HTTP Security filter. Contact your ISA Server or Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway, Medium Business Edition administrator. (12217)
- You try to open or preview an e-mail message that contains a high-bit character in the subject line. For example, you open an e-mail message that contains certain German language or Spanish language characters in the subject line.
- The Web publishing rule that you use to publish the Exchange Server computer is configured to block high-bit characters.
- Start the ISA Server or Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway, Medium Business Edition Management tool.
- Expand ServerName, where ServerName is the name of your ISA Server or Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway, Medium Business Edition computer.
- Click Firewall Policy, click the Web publishing rule that you created to publish the Exchange Server computer for access by OWA users, and then click Edit Selected Rule.
- Click the Traffic tab, click Filtering, and then click Configure HTTP.
- Click to clear the Block high-bit characters check box, and then click OK two times.
- Click Apply to update the firewall policy, and then click OK.
Note You may receive the message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section if you configure HTTP filtering to reject part of the HTTP request or part of the HTTP response. If you want to permit the request, review and reconfigure the HTTP filtering rule that affects the request.