This article describes how to take off in a sailplane in the products that are listed in the "Applies To" section.
Because a sailplane does not have an engine to provide power for takeoff, you must use one of the following methods to start your flight:
Method 1: Use slew mode
- Start Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- When you are in the cockpit, press Y to start slew mode.
- Use the slew commands to change the position, the direction, the location, or the altitude of the aircraft.
The F3 key will slew the aircraft straight up.
- Press Y to turn off slew mode.
Method 2: Start your flight in a powered aircraft
- Start Flight Simulator.
- When you are in the cockpit, on the
Aircraft menu, click Select Aircraft. Verify that your aircraft has an engine to provide power for takeoff.
Note You may have to press ALT to display the Filemenu.
- Start your flight, and then climb to altitude.
- On the Aircraft menu, click Select Aircraft.
- Under Aircraft manufacturer, click
- Under Aircraft model, verify that
2-32 Sailplane is selected, and then click
Article ID: 837883 - Last Review: Feb 15, 2017 - Revision: 2
Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard Edition, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: Century of Flight, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Professional Edition