Note Windows XP SP2 features and components are included in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005.
To obtain the latest version of the Deployment Tools, visit the following Microsoft Web site, and then click Deployment Tools:
These tools are also available in the Support\Tools folder on the Windows XP SP2 product CD. To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Windows XP. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The System Preparation toolThe Windows XP System Preparation tool enables administrators to prepare Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 system images as part of an automated deployment. This tool is an updated version of the Sysprep program that is included with Windows Server 2003.
You can use the System Preparation tool to perform the following tasks in a manner that is supported by Microsoft:
- Prepare Windows for duplication from one computer to another computer.
- Change security identifiers (SIDs) and other system and configuration settings to make them unique.
- Configure user-specific information to be customized by the end-user when Windows starts the first time.
- Create images of operating systems.
- Duplicate disks.
- Automate the Windows mini-Setup program.
- Perform auditing tasks.
The Sysprep.inf fileThe Sysprep.inf file is the answer file for the Sysprep.exe program. To build the Sysprep.inf file, run the Setup Manager Wizard. Select the Sysprep Answer file option.
The Deploy.cab folderThe Support\Tools\Deploy.cab folder includes detailed documentation that describes the latest features of the deployment tools and how to use them. The documentation includes the Sysprep.exe program.
Article ID: 838080 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3