When you try to use Add or Remove Programs on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer, you may receive the following error message:
Setup Library wbemupgd.dll could not be loaded, or function OcEntry could not be found. Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.
This problem occurs because the Path system variable has changed.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Method 1
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Environment Variables.
- Click Path in the System variables list, and then click Edit.
- Replace three of the paths in the Variable value box. To do this, follow these steps:
- Delete the following three paths in the Variable value box:%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem
- Type the following text in the Variable value box to replace the paths that you removed in step 4a. drive:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\WbemNote drive is the hard disk drive where Windows is installed, and Windows is the folder in which Windows is installed.
- Click OK three times.
- Delete the following three paths in the Variable value box:
- Method 2
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
- Make sure that the type of the Path registry entry is REG_EXPAND_SZ.
Note If the type is not REG_EXPAND_SZ, delete the Path registry entry, and then re-create a Path registry entry that has the REG_EXPAND_SZ type.
- Right-click the Path registry entry, and then click Modify.
- Type the following path in the Value data box:%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem