- In SMS 2003 you may receive status message ID 4963 or 5436.
- In ConfigMgr you may receive status message ID 4963, 5436, 5437, 5438, 5439, 5480, 5481, 5482, or 5483
Systems Management Server 2003To view general troubleshooting guidance for management points in SMS 2003, visit the following Microsoft Web site. You will find general guidance, troubleshooting tools, flowcharts, and more information here.
Configuration Manager 2007Most of the SMS 2003 information remains relevant for management point deployment and troubleshooting in Configuration Manager 2007. Information at the following links is updated specifically for Configuration Manager 2007.
In Configuration Manager 2007, you can use the Setup Prerequisite Checker to validate prerequisites from a stand-alone command prompt execution. This can be valuable for validating possible issues that can affect a management point’s installation and ongoing operation. For more information about the Setup Prerequisite Checker, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For general information about how to develop a deployment strategy, visit the "Planning and Deploying the Server Infrastructure for Configuration Manager 2007" Web page on the following Microsoft Web site:
SQL issuesFor specific problems related to SQL connectivity issues review the information at following Web sites:
- For troubleshooting Configuration Manager Setup information relevant to SQL access, visit the following Microsoft TechNet Web site:
- For information about how to confirm that the Service Principle Name (SPN) is registered and available from the management point, visit the following Microsoft TechNet Web site:
Network issuesFor specific problems related to Network Load Balancing (NLB) configuration issues review the information at the following Web sites:
- For general NLB configuration guidance and specific guidance for management points on a NLB, visit the following Microsoft TechNet Web site:
- For issues that indicate a Service Principle Name (SPN) issue with the NLB configuration, visit the following Microsoft TechNet Web site: