Source:Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
#50070: Unable to connect to the database STS_Config on SBS\SharePoint. Check the database connection information and make sure that the database server is running.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate, and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SPTimer
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type DependOnService, and then press ENTER
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type MSSQL$SHAREPOINT, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 840685 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4